So after each and every training session, you're encouraged to consumer a Protein Shake to aid not only your recovery, but to assist in muscle repair & refuelling.
Hey, you might even use them to cut out your sweet cravings for things like Chocolate...(not only post workout!)
But adding two scoops, 350ml of water and shaking your 'shaker' vigorously until all the bits are broken down into a smooth tasting velvety drink isn't the only way to make use of your protein powder or to increase your protein intake.
You may want to give these a try too...
#1 - Protein Pancakes.
Ok, so Pancake Day has gone for another year, but who's to say that we need to stick to the trends. Protein Pancakes are not only great for curbing the cravings or sweet stuff, they're also great for packing in a high amount of protein in a very quick and easy process.
- Turn your hob on, either use a tsp of Kerry Gold Butter or Coconut Oil and melt in large frying pan. Ensure the whole pan is greased to avoid sticking.
- Mix 3 medium Free Range Eggs into a bowl, along with 1-2 scoops of your favourite protein powder.
- Turn the heat of the hob down, but ensure still enough kicking through to cook ingredients through.
- Grab a handful of Blueberries, chopped Strawberries & 1 tsp of Almond Butter
- Pour the Egg & Protein Powder mixture into the frying pan. Cook through.
- Remove 'Pancake' from frying pan and place open on a large plate.
- Add Blueberries, chopped Strawberries & Almond Butter to one half of the Pancake.
- Fold over the over half of the Pancake to finish things off.
#2 - Protein Moose
Using full fat, yep, full fat Greek Yoghurt (the brand Total works well), you can 'whip' yourself a tasty dessert within a matter of minutes. High in protein, low in Carbohydrates and with plenty of options to finish this off (fruits, nuts, seeds, etc), this will soon become a firm favourite on your evening meal menu.
- Empty the product from the yoghurt pot into large mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 scoops of Protein Powder and mix until all powder has well and truly broken down and blended in.
- Pour / Scoop into bowl and add either Almond shavings, Chocolate Sprinkles or chopped fruit to finish this off.
#3 - Sculpting Smoothie
Using a high powered blender, Nutri-Bullet or juicer, this is a quick and easy way to get not only your protein levels up, but also add in plenty of vegetables to ensure you're getting in more than enough vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Add 350ml Water / Almond Milk / Coconut Water into a blender.
- Add 1-2 scoops of protein powder.
- Add a handful of Spinach, Kale, Avocado, & Mango.
- Blender all ingredients together for 30-60 seconds or until at a smooth consistency.
#4 - Protein Cake
It's an old one, but it's a classic. Love the consistency of cake? Love to be healthy but often crumble to temptation? Then this is perfect for you.
5 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
2 scoops of Whey Protein Powder
30g Green & Blacks 85% Dark Chocolate
handful of seedless Raisins
1 Large, Full Head of Broccoli (Yep, Broccoli!)
1 medium Banana
3 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter (crunchy might work better!?!)?
– Pre-heat Oven to 140 degrees.
– Grease up Cake Tin using Coconut Oil / Olive Oil / Butter.
– Boil Broccoli until very tender (6+ minutes) & drain.
– In a mixing bowl, mix into a smooth paste the Egg Whites, Egg, Protein Powder, Peanut Butter, Banana & Broccoli.
– Make sure any lumps have been removed. Blend if need be.
– Add Raisins into the mixture.
– Pour mixture into Cake Tin.
– Drop Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate (thinly chopped with Knife) on to the top of the mixture. (you can also put some in the mixture too, but melts nicely on the top!).
– Bake Cake for 40 minutes.
Give these a try and be sure to let us know how you get on.
Use the tabs below to share this with your friends and family.