That's right. Having your cake AND eating it too!
Why would you not want to be able to eat cake when getting in great shape?
Nope, you're not going to end up putting on Body Fat & ending up piling on the lbs, you are going to be able to enjoy the great taste of Chocolate Cake AND stay on track at the same time...
No, i'm not kidding.
I've been experimenting over the last few days and made a few batches of Protein Cake. Some came out well, some haven't.
However, I now think i've mastered it and want to share with you how to make a great Protein Cake.
Looks good right? And yes, that is melted Chocolate on the plate in the bottom left picture.
So here's my little secret.
5 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
2 scoops of Whey Protein Powder
30g Green & Blacks 85% Dark Chocolate
handful of seedless Raisins
1 Large, Full Head of Broccoli (Yep, Broccoli!)
1 medium Banana
3 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter (crunchy might work better!?!)?
I added some of my Mega Greens in too, which is a Vegetable Powder Blend, which I probably won't do it future!!
- Pre-heat Oven to 140 degrees.
- Grease up Cake Tin using Coconut Oil / Olive Oil / Butter.
- Boil Broccoli until very tender (6+ minutes) & drain.
- In a mixing bowl, mix into a smooth paste the Egg Whites, Egg, Protein Powder, Peanut Butter, Banana & Broccoli.
- Make sure any lumps have been removed. Blend if need be.
- Add Raisins into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into Cake Tin.
- Drop Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate (thinly chopped with Knife) on to the top of the mixture. (you can also put some in the mixture too, but melts nicely on the top!).
- Bake Cake for 40 minutes.
Nutritional Value per Serving (8 slices approx):
Protein : 10g
Carbohydrates : 5g
If you are anything like me, you may end up eating the whole cake, but be rest-assured that with the ingredients in here you are only putting some good quality foods in your body.
You eat the whole cake, you're consuming (approx) 80g Protein, 40g Carbohydrates, 40g Fat. From ALL good sources!
Please feel free to share this post with your friends & family.