I got a little creative this morning, didn't I.
Who doesn't like Rice Pudding? I know right, it's unreal!
I couldn't be doing with Oats this morning, so I made this bad boy.
And I decided that I was going to nail a good serving of this for my pre-workout meal, then again either post workout or as my desert later this evening.
But it's too good to keep to myself, so I wanted to share it with you.
Here is what you'll need:
- 200g Rice Pudding. (A great source of Carbohydrates, released at a perfect speed for sustained energy).
- 1 tbsp of Demerara & Honey (one of each). (these are for some fast acting sugars!)
- 2 to 3 scoops of MyProtein CarniPro or a Whey Protein Powder. (I use CarniPro as I am intolerant to milk proteins. I'd also advise on rotating your Proteins to avoid possible intolerances developing).
- 500ml Almond, Hazelnut, Coconut or Rice Milk. They will all work equally well.
- 3 to 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder.
Here is how you put it all together:
- Bring 200g of Rice Pudding to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Whilst the Rice Pudding is boiling, mix 2 to 3 scoops of your chosen Protein Powder with 400ml of your chosen Milk in your shaker and let it settle.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey, sugar, cocoa powder and the rest of the milk.
- Once all the water has been absorbed by the rice pudding, add the above mixture and return to simmer for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from hob, cool slightly and serve.
Here is what you are consuming:
If you are going to eat the whole lot...
Fat - 13g
Carbohydrates - 200g
Protein - 81g
If you are going to serve it in 4 portions...
Fat - 3g
Carbohydrates - 50g
Protein - 20g
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!